We aim to deliver a high quality education to all children and further information about our curriculum is given below.
Kiwi Primary School curriculum is:
- broad and balanced, based on the requirements of the National Curriculum 2014 and the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- stimulating and challenging in a way that will extend children's skills, knowledge and creativity in order to develop enquiring minds.
- committed to the principles of equality and inclusion for all children.
- relevant to the needs and interests of all children.
- able to provide children with the skills necessary to develop their potential intellectually, physically and emotionally.
- able to allow each child to question, acquire self knowledge and develop independence and responsibility for their learning.
- able to provide children with the opportunity to develop their own self esteem and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude to learning.
- Reviewed regularly and adapted to meet the needs of the children within our community including our large demographic of children from service families who may only be with us for part of their primary education
The curriculum will be taught using a variety of teaching styles and groupings as appropriate to the intellectual and emotional needs of the children.
At Kiwi Primary all class teachers are responsible for providing a curriculum that is suitable for all pupils in the class, including those with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) with support from the SENCo. We have high expectations for all pupils and are committed to ensuring our curriculum complies with the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014. Our inclusion statement emphasises the importance of providing an inclusive learning environment for all pupils including those with SEND. Additional information on this can be found in our Special Educational Needs section of the website.
Promoting Fundamental British Values
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Special curriculum days/weeks will be planned to enrich the curriculum.
The curriculum will be reviewed regularly and be consistent across year groups.
If you would like more information about the curriculum followed at Kiwi Primary School please speak to your child's teacher or to a member of our team.